Eleven Tips: How can you save your sight?
In order to preserve your eyesight, Dr. William Boothe of Boothe Eyecare offers a few tips. Dr. William Boothe is an experienced eye surgeon who has performed over 100,000 Lasik surgeries at his facility, Boothe Eyecare & Laser Center. Here are some tips that you should try to keep in mind, if you wish to preserve your eyesight.
1. Avoid wind and direct bright light, like sunlight and artificial light.
2. Do not read while lying down.
3. If your eyes are too tired or feel heavy, give them a rest. This advice applies to weak eyes, and even perfectly healthy eyes, but not for patients who are recovering from a procedure that needs to rest. Healthy, young eyes should never be left inactive for a long time.You need to have a feasible exercise, even small-scale lessons – reading or writing the smallest font.If you keep your eyes busy this way, then you can probably avoid glasses until you get older. But we should always remember, while training the eye, do not overdo it.
4. Wash your eyes with cool water every day, both in the morning and evening. Wash your eye after tears or returning from a walk in windy weather.
5. Never sit down in front of a light, do so that it illuminates from the left side and not on the right.
6. The best lampshade to use for the eyes is a white opaque or light blue. What is bad to use is white matte with a variety of stripes and patterns, as well as dark-blue and green.When working with artificial light, it is desirable to cover the lamp with paper to protect your eyes from the heat.
7. If you are nearsighted and wearing glasses to help see well into the distance, you should not use them for work.
8. When leaving from a warm place to a cold place, you should try at least blink your eyes so they do not feel the sudden transition from warm to cold.
9. You should never get to work or reading as soon as you come from outside, especially in cold weather and windy weather.
10. Never start to do something in the morning before washing your face and eyes.
11. When waking from sleep when the body goes into wakefulness, this is a good time to affect the eye muscles. It is recommended not to miss this opportunity to perform eye exercises, which do not take much time.This definitely prepares your eye muscles for the working day.