Boothe Eye Care & Laser Center offers excimer laser vision correction for nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism with Lasik & IntraLasik. Choice of the method of correction is determined after a thorough diagnosis.
Boothe Eye Care Center offers the most advanced form of vision correction – Lasik, which is a unique combination of microsurgical and excimer laser technology. This technique first appeared in 1989 and today, it is unmatched in popularity of application.
In this method, the laser operation is performed by using the latest generation excimer laser. By using the “spot scanning method” this laser system allows the energy load on the patient’s eye to be reduced. In this way, the ideal shape of the cornea is achieved, which allows you to adjust focus with absolute precision. Vision is restored within 2-3 hours after surgery. The method is painless, because local anesthetic drops are used before the procedure. The operation is performed on an outpatient basis on both eyes in one day. This operation reduces the rehabilitation period to several days.
Laser vision correction procedure for Lasik (Lasik) is carried out for:
- Myopia up to -15,0 D
- Hyperopia up to +6,0 D
- Astigmatism up to ± 5,0 D
What is important to know about laser vision correction?
1. Convenience. You will be able to get rid of you glasses and contact lenses.
2. Not scary and safe. The modern method of laser vision correction – Lasik – is simple and within 2 hours after surgery you can go home and the following day you will be able to see the world quite differently. The surgery is performed safely under local anesthesia with minimal discomfort.
3. Effective. The vast majority of vision after laser eye surgery is 100% and sometimes higher!
4. Easy. Laser vision correction does not cause any inconvenience to your lifestyle.
5. Fast. The operation takes 15 minutes, and you can perform laser eye correction procedure immediately after a full computer diagnostic of your vision.
6. Stable. The result of laser correction does not change with age in the absence of other eye diseases.
7. Predictable. After the diagnosis Dr. Boothe will be able to predict whether or not you will be able to achieve 100% of vision, and if not, he can explain why.
It is important to know that the use of high technology allows achieving the best results only with strict observance by the patient of following simple rules:
Before the surgery:
Do not wear contact lenses for 7 days before surgery. Do not use cosmetics and makeup for one day before surgery. On the eve of the operation carefully wash your hair and face.
During the operation:
Listen carefully to the commands of the surgeon and strictly follow them; do not pay attention to the harsh sounds (buzzing, clicks); strictly fix the eyes on the luminous point: it affects the result of the operation; do not make any head movements.
Immediately after the operation:
- It is strictly forbidden to touch the eye.
- Close eyelids slowly without squeezing.
- On the first day it is recommended to sleep on their backs.
Within 1-2 hours after surgery, Dr. Boothe will examine you and provide the necessary additional recommendations.
In the first four weeks after surgery, be sure to use eye drops. Visual and physical activity should be limited. Within a month is not recommended to take long baths or swim..